Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moving On

I'm going to miss my apartment. My wonderful roommates and this constant hub of friends and family who can stop by for tea, pasta, or if I'm feeling especially stereotypical, rice. I've spent the last two years on University Avenue and William Street and can truly say that it has become my home. You know, the kind of home where "home is where the heart is" actually makes sense.

I'm currently taking apart my room and it's coming along ever so slowly because I can't seem to get rid of anything. I pick up a piece of paper with arbitrary chicken scratch writing on it and get whisked down memory lane. Oh...this is the to-do list I wrote during finals week. So glad I remembered to buy trash bags and go to my Milton final. Memories, memories. That's my room in the picture by the way. The Happy 21st sign was made by my friends and there are posters of my favorite bands alongside some sweet movie memorabilia (Kung Fu Panda anybody?)

I have a Jesus wall in my room. Sounds weird huh? Well, it might be, but I really like it. I moved into my apartment on this spiritual high from Kids Across America (KAA U KNOW!), and decided to draw on my wall with different colored chalk. KAA's influence is evident: "I don't need no money cus salvation is free because the Lord died for you and He died for me!"/ "God first, Others second, Me third"/ "Jesus is sweeter than honey"/ "It's a good, good morning...it's gonna be a very good day." KAA turned my life around, which is funny because it was for the Intersection kids I brought there as a chaperone. I felt convicted of my sins and had an intense desire to seek out who God truly was. In the middle of my Jesus wall is a red chalk heart reminding me who God is: Living Water, King of Kings, The Beloved, Prince of Peace, Messiah, Morning Star, Alpha and Omega, Light of the World, Savior, Bread of Life...Amen and amen.

I had the pleasant opportunity to attend a fellow Navigator's surprise birthday today! It was so refreshing to be reunited with such a wonderful group of people. I'm getting excited for what is in store next year. One thing is for sure though, the fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ will be phenomenal. Indeed.

Give me a few weeks and I will spin tales about support raising. When I say "spin tales" I mean that I will give praise reports. I have some cool stories now, but I desperately desire the opportunity to spin tales. Be patient. Tales will be spun, oh yes, tales will be spun.

Grace and peace.

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life." -Proverbs 11:30

...and just after that it says, "and he who wins souls is wise." Bam. Money in the proverbial bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment